Slower Stamina Drain reduces the rate at which a player character's stamina drains while running in the wilderness by a percentage.
- The rate at which stamina is drained while running in the wilderness is as follows:
Stamina drain per second = 25 * max( (40 * (1 + [Armor speed /10] ) * (100 - Slower Stamina Drain) /100 , 1) /256 
- Stamina is not drained while running in towns, or while a Stamina Shrine or Stamina Potion is active.
- Armor speed penalties are as follows:
- All other body armors have no speed penalty (0). Unlike movement speed, stamina drain is not affected by shield speed penalties. 
- Maximum stamina drain when wearing heavy (10) body armor is 7.8125 stamina per second.
- Enough stamina comes from gaining levels and investing points in Vitality to make Slower Stamina Drain increasingly irrelevant as progress is made, but it can be helpful at lower levels: 100% Slower Stamina Drain can be achieved as early as level 11, reducing stamina drain to the minimum 25/256 stamina per second (so it takes 256 frames or 10.24 (256/25) seconds of running just to drain a single point of stamina).