Overlay when mana is stolen.
Mana Stolen per hit returns mana to the equipping player character based on a percentage of final physical attack damage applied: if a target takes no physical attack damage, no mana is returned.
- Casting Amplify Damage or Decrepify will reduce Damage Resist and consequently increase final physical attack damage and thus mana returned.
- Percentages from multiple sources are summed, although when two weapons are equipped only that of the attacking weapon is added (that of the other weapon is ignored).
- Not applied by Blade Sentinel or Smite. Does not work with skills which convert 100% physical attack damage to another type, for obvious reasons:
- Does not apply to damage returned by the following:
- Mana returned is reduced to 1/2 in Nightmare and 1/3 in Hell.
- Unit damage modifier applies to percentage: against player character (17% damage), <6% is reduced to 0%, 6-11% is reduced to 1% and so on. 
- Skills which apply a fraction of weapon damage also apply that fraction to percentage.
- Thus using Blade Fury with a two-handed weapon, <3% is reduced to 0%, 3-5% is reduced to 1%, and so on. 
- Unit drain effectiveness also reduces mana returned: no mana is returned when attacking monsters with 0% drain effectiveness, regardless of final physical attack damage applied. When attacking a monster with 50% drain effectiveness in Hell, only mana equivalent to ~1/6 (1/3 * 1/2) percentage of final physical attack damage is returned (reductions apply to mana returned, not the percentage itself).